My name is Jordan Levesque. I am the Children & Youth Ministry Leader at Stanley Park Church. My desire is for children & youth to develop a relationship with Jesus that is authentic and transparent.
I believe that one of the main reasons that young people leave the church is they have not had an Encounter with God. Our youth group is called Encounter because we strive to encounter God. All of the children & youth ministries at Stanley Park encourage students to ask real questions that challenge their faith and learn what it means to be a disciple.
Below you will find information on the various ministries available (Sunday morning, Kid’s Club, Youth, UB Camp & Retreats, etc. At the very bottom of the page you will find registration forms for any events).
Sunday Morning Ministries
During the Sunday morning service, sometime before the sermon, the pre-school, elementary, junior and senior high young people are dismissed to their various classes. They will be together for about 45-50 minutes.
All classes meet in the lower level.
|Nursery||Infant – 2 ½ years|
|Room 4 Pre-School||2 ½ years – senior kindergarten|
|Room 3||Grades 1-3|
|Room 2 (Couch Room)||Grades 4-6|
What We Learn
- Stories from the Bible. Pre-school and elementary children learn stories from the Bible that help them understand the basics of the Christian faith.
- Basic Understandings. Junior High kids learn the basic ideas of the Apostles Creed, the lessons of Jesus’ kingdom parables, or larger biblical themes like Promise and Covenant. The senior high class engage in more discussion oriented activities.
- Starting Saturday January 6 2018, every Saturday except the 3rd Saturday of the month
- Grades 1-5
- Come out for a fun filled night of games, singing, a short lesson, and time with friends!
- Bring your friends!
ENCOUNTER YOUTH GROUP
Grades 7-12; Friday Nights, 7:30-9:30 PM
Come out for discussion, worship, and games. Bring your friends for a chance to win a prize.
- Regular youth group: 7:30-9:30
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Registration form here: Medical Release Day Trips (If link doesn’t work contact Jordan, firstname.lastname@example.org )
- CHRISTMAS PARTY – DECEMBER 22nd 7:30-9:30
Camps & Retreats
There are a variety of retreat and camp options each year through our connection with the United Brethren Church in Canada.
Jr. High Retreat: January 19-21, $75, Countryside Camp.
Sr. High Retreat: March 23-25, $75, Countryside Camp.
Junior High Camp (Grades 7-8): August 6-11
Junior Camp (Grades 3-6): August 13-18
Teen Camp (Grades 9-12/5th year): August 20-25
FORMS FOR SPECIAL EVENTS
⇒ All forms can be filled out online and sent to email@example.com or printed off and brought into the church.