My name is Jordan Levesque. I am the Children & Youth Ministry Leader at Stanley Park Church. My desire is for children & youth to develop a relationship with Jesus that is authentic and transparent.
I believe that one of the main reasons that people leave the church is they have not had an Encounter with God. Our youth group is called Encounter because we strive to encounter God. All of the children & youth ministries at Stanley Park encourage students to ask real questions that challenge their faith and learn what it means to be a disciple.
Below you will find information on the various ministries available (Sunday morning, Kid’s Club, Youth; Soccer Camp, UB Camp & Retreats, etc. At the very bottom of the page you will find registration forms for any events).
Sunday Morning Ministries
During the Sunday morning service, sometime before the sermon, the pre-school, elementary, junior and senior high young people are dismissed to their various classes. They will be together for about 45-50 minutes.
All classes meet in the lower level.
|Nursery||Infant – 2 ½ years|
|Room 4 Pre-School||2 ½ years – senior kindergarten|
|Room 3||Grades 1-3|
|Room 2 (Couch Room)||Grades 4-6|
|Room 1 (Youth Room)||Grades 7-8|
What We Learn
- Stories from the Bible. Pre-school and elementary children learn stories from the Bible that help them understand the basics of the Christian faith.
- Basic Understandings. Junior High kids learn the basic ideas of the Apostles Creed, the lessons of Jesus’ kingdom parables, or larger biblical themes like Promise and Covenant. The senior high class engage in more discussion oriented activities.
- May 7 – Jesus Raises Lazarus From the Dead – John 11:1-45
- May 14 – Peter Explains Belief in Jesus – 1 Peter 1:3-9
- May 21 – Jesus Returns to Heaven – Matthew 28:16-20; Acts 1:1-11
- Mar 28 – Christians Care for One Another – Psalm 23; Acts 2:42-47
- June 4 – Stephen Forgives His Accusers as they Stone Him – Acts 6:8-7:60
- June 11 – Paul Teaches in Athens – Acts 17:16-31
- Monthly: 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month
- Grades 1-5
- Come out for a fun filled night of games, singing, a short lesson, and time with friends!
- Bring your friends!
- Registration Form for Children’s Ministries – Kid’s Club
ENCOUNTER YOUTH GROUP
Grades 7-12; Friday Nights, 7:30-9:30 PM
We read the Bible … We ask real questions … We worship … We learn … We grow … We play games … We have an AMAZING time! Please join us!
Visit our Youth Web page with the link: http://encounterspc.ca
7:30-9:30, Bring your friends!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Registration form here: Medical Release Day Trips (If link doesn’t work contact Jordan, email@example.com )
- WONDERJAM – Saturday June 17th
- Concert at Wonderland
- Artists include: Skillet, For King & Country, Rend Collective, Manic Drive, and more…
- Let Jordan know if you are interested in coming ASAP!
- WORSHIP NIGHT – POSTPONED UNTIL SEPTEMBER!
- Collab with STBC & Central Baptist
- More info coming…
Camps & Retreats
There are a variety of retreat and camp options each year through our connection with the United Brethren Church in Canada.
Jr. High Retreat: January 20-22, $75, Countryside Camp. Speaker: Gabe Magnus
Sr. High Retreat: March 24-26, $75, Countryside Camp. Speaker: Bjorn Schmitz
Junior High Camp (Grades 7-8): August 6-11
Junior Camp (Grades 3-6): August 13-18
Teen Camp (Grades 9-12/5th year): August 20-25
- Choose either camp or both: JULY 10-14, 2017
- For kids currently in Grades 4-8/ 10-14 years old
- $95/week Early Bird (before June 23rd); $120/Week Late (Before July 7th)
- 9AM-4PM (Early drop off at 8:30)
- Registration forms below
FORMS FOR SPECIAL EVENTS
⇒ All forms can be filled out online and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or printed off and brought into the church.