Sunday April 5, 2020
Welcome Everyone. Thank you for choosing to join us.
Online Service Time 10:30am on facebook
Children’s Offering (for John & Given in Zambia) To continue support for our Seeds of Hope kids please give online through Canada Helps or via a monthly preauthorized deposit. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set this up.
Prayer for our Children
God, Bless these children, protect them from danger, form their character, teach them your ways, may they truly know you.
Sermon Title: Ready for the King Passage: John 12:20-36
Call to Worship: The crowd spoke up, “We have heard from the Law that the Messiah will remain forever, so how can you say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this ‘Son of Man’?
Mission of the Month – Seeds of Hope Children’s Ministry
Our mission is to help orphans and the less fortunate around the world by sharing God’s love and what He has blessed us with. We have a particular call in the area of caring for children who are either infected or affected with HIV/AIDS.
Due to the rapidly evolving Covid 19 Pandemic we are following the measures set forth by Public Health and all levels of government therefore the church is now closed until further notice. All regular services and meetings have been moved online. Pastors Brad & John can be reached via email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for general inquiries email Kit email@example.com.
This week we will launch connection groups, a weekly 30-minute online video group to connect, encourage and belong, contact Pastor Brad firstname.lastname@example.org to join a group.
Daily reflections are posted on our Facebook page, we hope that they inspire, and assist you in deepening your faith and exploring who Jesus is.
The Bible listening group is open to all 11 am Tuesday mornings, to get connected email John email@example.com
Good Friday, April 10 at 10:30 am since we cannot physically gather together we would like to try a Zoom Communion Meeting. If you are interested in participating contact Pastor John at firstname.lastname@example.org
20 Prayers to Pray During this Pandemic
1. For the sick and infected: God, heal and help. Sustain bodies and spirits. Contain the spread of infection.
2. For our vulnerable populations: God, protect our elderly and those suffering from chronic disease. Provide for the poor, those unseen in our communities.
3. For the young and the strong: God, give them the necessary caution to keep them from unwittingly spreading this disease. Inspire them to help.
4. For our municipal, provincial and federal governments: God, help our elected officials as they allocate the necessary resources for combatting this pandemic. Help them to provide more tests.
5. For our scientific community, leading the charge to understand the disease and communicate its gravity: God, give them knowledge, wisdom, and a persuasive voice.
6. For the media, committed to providing up-to-date information: God, help them to communicate with appropriate seriousness without causing panic.
7. For consumers of media, looking to be well-informed: God, help us find the most helpful local information to equip us to be good neighbors. Keep us from anxiety and panic, and enable us to implement the recommended strategies, even at a cost to ourselves.
8. For those with mental health challenges who feel isolated, anxious, and helpless: God, provide them every necessary support.
9. For the homeless, unable to practice the protocols of social distancing in the shelter system: Protect them from disease and provide isolation shelters in every city.
10. For international travelers stuck in foreign countries: God, help them return home safely and quickly.
11. For Christian missionaries throughout the world, especially in areas with high rates of infection: God, provide them with words of hope, and equip them to love and serve those around them.
12. For workers in a variety of industries facing layoffs and financial hardship: God, keep them from panic, and inspire your church to generously support them.
13. For families with young children at home for the foreseeable future: God, help mothers and fathers to partner together creatively for the care and flourishing of their children. For single mothers and fathers, grow their networks of support.
14. For parents who cannot stay home from work but must find care for their children: God, present them with creative solutions.
15. For those in need of regular therapies and treatments that must now be postponed: God, help them to stay patient and positive.
16. For business leaders making difficult decisions that affect the lives of their employees: God, give these women and men wisdom, and help them to lead self-sacrificially.
17. For pastors and church leaders faced with the challenges of social distancing: God, help them to creatively imagine how to pastor their congregants and love their cities well.
18. For college and university students, whose courses of study are changing, whose placements are cancelled, whose graduation is uncertain: God, show them that while life is uncertain, their trust is in you.
19. For Christians in every neighborhood, community, and city: May your Holy Spirit inspire us to pray, to give, to love, to serve, and to proclaim the gospel, that the name of Jesus Christ might be glorified around the world.
20. For frontline health care workers, we thank you for their vocational call to serve us. We also pray:
• God, keep them safe and healthy. Keep their families safe and healthy.
• God, help them to be knowledgeable about the diagnosis and treatment of this disease, as well as the changing protocols.
• God, help them to stay clear-minded amid the surrounding panic.
• God, deliver them from anxiety for their own loved ones (aging parents, children, spouses, roommates).
• God, give them compassion for every patient in their care.
• God, provide for them financially, especially if they fall ill and are unable to work.
• God, help Christians in health care to exhibit extraordinary peace, so that many would ask about the reason for their hope. Give them opportunities to proclaim the gospel.
God, we trust that you are good and do good. Teach us to be your faithful people in this time of global crisis. Help us to follow in the footsteps of our faithful shepherd, Jesus, who laid down his life for the sake of love. Glorify his name as you equip us with everything needed for doing your will. Amen.
Copied from Christianity Today authored by Jen Pollock Michel
The author of Teach Us to Want, Keeping Place, and Surprised by Paradox.
She lives with her husband and their five children in Toronto.
This piece was adapted from her recent blog.
Church Office: We are all working from home currently but can easily be reached via email: email@example.com
Check us out on the web: www.stanleyparkchurch.ca
Prayer Requests: PrayerList@stanleyparkchurch.ca
Would you like to know what’s happening in our SPCC Community? Join our email List! Contact Kit (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be added.